If you’re foodie then you’re in luck! Food trucks can set up at locations around Jasper in less than 2 weeks!
The Jasper Common Council approved the ordinance to go in effect on October 1st at last night’s meeting.
This ordinance describes mobile food vehicle as a “self-contained food establishment that is on wheels, self-propelled or moved by an engine, weighs less than 16,000 pounds, and for which the primary purpose of the vehicle is the sale and/or production of food.”
Trailers and other vehicles that do not meet this description are not allowed.
Food trucks are not allowed to operate on any city property between 1 am and 6 am. However, vendors can submit special requests of they want to operate during these restricted hours.
Vendors will be allowed to set up at the following locations:
- The Dave Buehler Plaza parking lots at Third Avenue and Fourth Street.
- Parking spaces on the Courthouse Square after 5 pm on weekdays, and during permitted hours on the weekend.
- Parking spots on Seventh Street through Ninth Street between Newton Street and Jackson Street after 5 pm on weekdays, and during permitted hours on the weekend.
- The parking lot at the William Schroeder Soccer Complex, excluding Sundays in April, May, August, September, and October.
- The Jasper Farmers Market, after completing and submitting the vendor agreement and payment.
- Private property that is zoned business or industrial, with the property owner’s consent.
The city also has the authority to designate other locations for special events.