Man escapes unscathed after house fire

A man escaped unscathed after a house fire early Sunday morning.

St. Anthony Volunteer firefighters responded to Shawn Betz’s residence at 4166 South Santine Road early Sunday morning.

Volunteer Fire Chief Scott Uebelhor says Betz’s dog alerted him to the fire.

Chief Uebelhor tells us the fire is electrical and started in the basement furnace room ceiling.

Due to gusty winds, firefighters used a thermal camera to look for hot spots before leaving the scene. Ubehehor says firefighters would return during daylight hours to look for other hot spots.

Within 20 minutes, winds reignited the fire, burning the rest of the house.

Ubehehor says the house is a total loss. No injuries were reported.

St. Anthony responded with 26 firefighters and four trucks with help from 15 Schnellville firefighters and a water tanker.

Be the first to comment on "Man escapes unscathed after house fire"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*