Tell City fire ruled accidental

The State Fire Marshall says the Tell City Swiss Plywood building fire was an accident.

Tell City Fire Department Chief, Greg Linne, explains why.

The nearly 200-year-old building burst into flames on Wednesday afternoon, burning half of the building.

According to the chief, a firewall helped the fire to not spread throughout the entire building.

Officials say softball teams who used the building for practice and clubs who held their meetings there are now displaced.

However, a local dance studio suffered the most damage. Reports say Dance Haven lost a large number of costumes in the fire, right before the dance recital this Saturday.

Although the show must go on, dancers will not be wearing their costumes. They’ll be performing in their favorite Christmas outfits instead.

A Go Fund Me page is set up to help support Dance Haven. If you wish to donate, Click here

Chief Linne says he is thankful for the other fire departments who rushed to help at the drop of a hat.

Linne says this team effort helped save the rest of the building.

Be the first to comment on "Tell City fire ruled accidental"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*