If you’re going to be driving around Jasper next week, there are a few streets you may want to avoid.
The Jasper Street Department says that West 19th Street, 400 feet west of Emily Street intersection, is closing at 8 am on Monday, September 21st, for street improvement.
Motorists will not have access to this portion of 19th Street.
The project is expected to last for about three weeks, depending on the weather.
The Jasper Street Department and its contractor, Pavement Solutions, is also starting a pavement preservation project at 8 am on Wednesday, September 23rd.
All vehicles must be removed from the affected streets and out of driveways.
Residents will not be allowed to drive on the streets during this process.
The street being processed should be reopened by each evening, depending on the drying conditions.
All residents will be notified by door hanger the day before their street is processed.
There will also be switching from street to street as they dry and traffic flow will be assessed.
The following streets will be affected:
- Robert Street from 13thStreet to 14th Street
- Wilson Street from 13thStreet to 14th Street
- Dorbett Street from 13thStreet to 14th Street
- 5thStreet from Clay Street to St John Street
- 5thStreet from St. John to Scott Rolen Drive
- 5thStreet from Scott Rolen Drive to Highway U.S. 231
- Scott Rolen Drive from 5thStreet to South End
- St John Street from 4thStreet to 6th Street
- Howard Drive from Northwood Avenue to 33rdStreet
The project is expected to be completed the evening of Friday, September 25th, barring inclement weather or any other unforeseen events.