Latest News

2026 Dubois County Rotary Club Clay Shoot Planned for April 17th Superior Ag Pays $1.7 Million Back to Members in Patronage & Equity Jasper Community Invited to Fundraiser Night for Hopf and Boyles Families Daviess Community Hospital Lifts Temporary Visitor Restrictions as Respiratory Illness Declines Old National Announces Increases to Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and Share Repurchase Program

Officials with Wood Memorial High School say the school will forfeit its next six football games this season after cancelling the first two in the wake of hazing and bullying allegations.

The team was scheduled to take on the Vincennes Lincoln Alices Friday night.

Athletic Director Steve Killian says the Trojans will likely play only one game this season set for October 14th against Crawford County.

After the first game was canceled two weeks ago, East Gibson School Superintendent Mike Brewster confirmed the football team did not play a scheduled game against Princeton High School because the school district was investigating reports of bullying in the Wood Memorial football program.

School officials say that internal investigation is complete but findings will likely not be made public by the school.

The Oakland City Police Department also started an investigation after allegations about hazing arose. Indiana State Police spokesman Sgt. Todd Ringle says that the investigation is ongoing and it’s unclear so far when it might conclude.

Leave a Reply