Named one of the “12 of the best places to spend Christmas 2014” by CNN and one of “Travel’s Best Holiday Attractions 2014” by the Travel Channel last year, the town of Santa Claus, will host the 2015 Santa Claus Christmas Celebration the first three weekends of December.
As the holiday season approaches, the famous small town is preparing to host three weekends filled with family events and activities. The Christmas celebration will be held on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from December 4 till December 20th.
Holiday events throughout America’s Christmas Hometown include:
- An International Fruitcake Eating Championship at the Santa Claus American Legion
- The Story of Santa Claus at the Santa Claus Museum & Village
- A Run Run Rudolph 5K through Lake Rudolph’s Santa Claus Land of Lights
- Santa Claus Arts & Crafts Shows
- Face Painting and Chainsaw Carving Demonstrations at Holly Tree Christmas Shop
- Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire at Santa’s Candy Castle
- Breakfast with Santa at the Historic Santa Claus Campground
- Christmas Dinner with Santa at Santa’s Lodge
- Das Nikolaus Festival at St. Nicholas Catholic Church
- The Christmas Lake Village Festival of Lights
Executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau Melissa Brockman says families visiting for the weekend create and continue holiday traditions and experience the magic of Christmas in Santa Claus.
Weekend lodging specials are available at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Santa’s Cottages, Santa’s Lodge, and Rockport Comfort Inn & Suites.
For more information about the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration, lodging specials, and a schedule of events, call (888) 444-9252 or visit SantaClausInd.org/Christmas.