Latest News

Assisting With Disabled Vehicle Leads To Operating While Impaired & Resisting Arrest 2024 Spencer County 4-H Fair Schedule and Highlights Road Closure Announced Near St. Anthony Jasper Named in “7 Cutest Small Towns in Indiana to Visit in 2024” by WorldAtlas “Tech Tasting Experience” to be Held by Matrix Integration Thyen-Clark Cultural Center

Spencer County Authorities have released the name of a man who died early Saturday morning in a fire at a home on the east side of Dale.

Spencer County Coroner Robert Fuller says 21-year old Dylan Somers who had been living at Stone’s Motel in Dale, died of asphyxia due to smoke inhalation.

Carter Township Fire Chief Dan Reinke says a neighbor reported the fire located at 25 South Sunset Drive at around 2:30 am.

They say the single-story, brick home owned by Diana Pope of Clarksville was engulfed in flames when units arrived. Carter Fire District immediately called for the Jackson Township Volunteer Fire Department based in Gentryville to assist the Dale-based department.

The fire is believed to have been started by a discarded cigarette that ignited a mattress on the living room floor.

Fuller says Somers had been a visitor at the home, where a party had taken place.

Somers was found in a laundry room.

The death was ruled accidental. Fuller says the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire.

Carter Fire District responded with two trucks and eight firefighters. Jackson Township assisted with one truck and three firefighters.

The Spencer County Sheriff’s Department and Spencer County Emergency Medical Services also assisted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *