The Dubois County Community Foundation has been allowed to award a full tuition, four-year scholarship to one 2016 graduate of a Dubois County high school through the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is designed to raise the level of educational attainment in Dubois County to improve the quality of life for the county’s residents.
The scholarship provides full tuition, required fees and an annual stipend of up to $900 per year for required books and equipment for four years of full-time undergraduate study leading to a degree at any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Now Applicants must:
- Graduate by June 30, 2016, with a diploma from an accredited Indiana high school located in Dubois County;
- Have attended all four years of high school at a Dubois County high school;
- Complete the Indiana Academic Honors or Indiana Technical Honors curriculum upon high school graduation;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (on 4.0 scale) upon high school graduation;
- If selected as a finalist, be available for an interview with the Scholarship Committee and be prepared to write a short essay on a selected topic at the time of the interview;
- Apply for the scholarship in only one county;
- Be accepted to pursue a full-time course of study for the fall semester, 2016, at any public or private college or university in Indiana that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and School.
Scholarship applications are reviewed for:
- Academic performance;
- Participation in school activities, sports and work experience;
- Satisfactory attendance rate;
- Involvement in community service and volunteer activities;
- And have personal motivation to succeed and ability to articulate clearly stated goals.
A county-wide selection committee will oversee the nomination process of the recipient and two alternates.
Independent Colleges of Indiana, the Scholarship Administrator of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program, will make the final scholarship award selections for all counties in Indiana.
The application deadline is January 20th.
Additional information can be obtained and the online application accessed on the Dubois County Community Foundation website at www.dccommunityfoundation.org.