Two free workshops on keeping children safe are being held by SWICACC.
The Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition and the Dubois County Prosecutor’s Office will be hosting two free workshops on Monday, September 18th, from 5 to 7 PM and on Tuesday, September 26th, from 5 to 7 PM at the Center at 505 West 5th Street in Jasper in the upstairs training room.
All adults are welcome to attend but due to the content, children and teens will not be admitted. Perpetrators are not allowed at the Center on 5th Street.
The workshop will teach about child sexual abuse and what you can do to keep children safe.
Topics covered at the workshop will include:
- The extent of the problem.
- who the offenders are and why they molest children.
- Common seduction, manipulation, and “grooming” tactics used by offenders.
- Talking to children about abuse and people with “secret touching problems.”
- Practical child and family “rules” for safety.
- And responding to child sexual abuse disclosures and reporting child abuse.
Registration is required due to limited seating and can be done by calling SWICACC at (812) 559-0490 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.