A Crawford County woman is behind bars after leaving the scene of a crash in Jasper.
Jasper Police responded to a report of someone leaving a crash scene at 7th and Newton Street on Monday afternoon.
Police soon located 28-year-old Taryn Ballard of Taswell at 36th and Leslie Drive.
Before towing Ballard’s vehicle, police took inventory and found one gram of methamphetamine, one Suboxone 8mg/2mg tablet, twelve Gabapentin 100 mg tablets, and a glass smoking pipe that tested positive for methamphetamine.
Ballard was booked into the Dubois County Security Center and charged with:
- Possession of Methamphetamine, a Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Legend Drug, a Level 4 Felony
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, a Class A Misdemeanor
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident, a Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, a Class B Misdemeanor