Latest News

Attempted Theft of Concrete Mixer Jails One in Perry County Traffic Stop Sends One to Jail in Dubois County for Gummy Possession and Resisting Lead by Action Award Recognizes Young Leaders in Crawford County 4-H Program Attorney General Rokita Announces “Forever Chemicals” Lawsuit Against Multiple Companies Local Police Department Seeks Community Input for New Patrol Vehicle Design

Early this morning, shortly after 12:30 a.m. a house fire was reported at 103 N. Washington Street in Huntingburg, after a young boy of the home smelled smoke and alerted his parents. The family of three made it out safely and contacted the authorities. It was reported by officials with the Huntingburg fire department that there were no smoke alarms in the house. The house is currently being rented by the family of Brandon Lauer and is owned by Frank Altmeyer of Huntingburg.

Fire Chief Scott Patburg said the fire is believed to have started in a bucket used to discard smoking materials that sat at the back of the house.  He believes the fire began in the bucket which then in turn caught a framed-out access on the back of the home on fire and led to the wall catching fire. The fire was stopped before traveling through out the home with no major damage being reported.

Three trucks reported to the scene along with EMS. There were no injuries reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *