Latest News

Wilfred D. Meyer Dubois Strong Awards Arizona Man Relocation Grant Sister Cities, Wine, and Fellowship Talent Needed for SWICACC Fundraiser Saint Meinrad sponsors Day of Service in 14 communities

A Jasper home is heavily damaged after an electrical fire on Sunday afternoon.

Jasper Volunteer Firefighters responded to the residence of Robert E. Tinkle at 820 Second Avenue for reports smoke coming from the attic around 3:20 pm.

After smelling something getting hot, the occupants called 911.

When arriving on the scene, Jasper Volunteer Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang says they found insulation smoking.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out with water extinguishers and pulled down the upstairs ceiling to make sure there were no hotspots.

Hochgesang estimates damages to be around $30,000.

Because nothing else was damaged, Hochgesang says they occupants can close off the bedroom and stay in the home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *