Jasper Volunteer Firefighters responded to reports of a machine fire on Monday.
Jasper Volunteer Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang says a machine caught on fire at Peak Took Works at 1180 Wernsing Road sometime Monday morning.
Chief Hochgesang says a malfunction caused the machine’s metal filters to catch on fire.
Plant employees used dry-chemical extinguishers to try to put out the flames.
When firefighters arrived, they used more dry-chemical units until all power to the machine was turned off.
Firefighters then carried the metal filters outside to get hosed off.
Hochgesang says they were able to keep the plant’s production area ventilated by using exhaust fans.
No injuries were reported.
Five trucks and 29 firefighters were at the scene for about 45 minutes.