A Jasper couple is temporarily displaced after their duplex caught fire over the weekend.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department was called to 1491 W. Ackerman road Sunday evening after a neighbor reported seeing smoke.
According to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang the duplex is owned by Dean Jerger but Steve and Carol Young currently occupy it.
Chief Hochgesang says the fire started in the south wall and attic area after a tree fell, pulling wires behind the duplex.
The chief says the tree fell due to the strong thunderstorms that rolled through the area on Sunday evening.
Firefighters used dry chemical extinguishers to help the flames go down until Dubois Rural Electric Cooperative crew could cut the power that energized lines in a control box,
Hochgesang estimates the damages to be $25,000 dollars.
The American Red Cross supplied vouchers to put the Youngs in a hotel.
Four trucks and 29 firefighters were at the scene for around 90 minutes.