Latest News

Jasper Man Arrested for OWI Endangerment Woman Arrested on Drug Charges, Vanderburgh County Warrant Vincennes University Hosts Universal Design Learning Summit Holiday Liquors / Wooden Keg Liquors Donate to Two Local Nonprofits Ardella “Delli” R. Keusch

An overloaded light-duty extenstion chord is believed to have been the cause of a small fire that broke out early Wednesday morning at a Huntingburg fitness facility.

Around a quarter till 3 am yesterday members of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department were summoned to Iron Paradise Fitness Center located along the 500 block of East Sixth Street and the report of smoke coming from the building

Huntingburg Fire Department spokesman John Smith says first-arriving units saw there was smoke indeed coming from the structure.

Smith says once they made entry, they discovered that a fire had broken out in an enclosed closet within the facility.

Smith says firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze that he says was kept from spreading and confined to the closet. Smith added that with the closet’s door closed, it allowed the fire to be starved of oxygen.

Smith says a faulty extension cord shorted out and triggered the fire. He noted that the light-duty chord was being used to supply power to multiple electronic devices in the room.

No injuries were reported.

18 Huntingburg Firefighters responded with three trucks and were on the scene for about two hours and received assistance from Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services and the Huntingburg Police Department.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *